As for Joey, he seems to be enjoying his schedule just fine. His nerves used to get so bad, he would be on the verge of puking every morning. Now, it seems like his nervousness has dissipated overnight. I am so glad because, he finally eats a decent breakfast. During the first two weeks of school, the only thing we fed him was toast and water. Before you think we starved him, please know, he eats brunch at 10:15 a.m. Yes, that is what time he eats lunch at school. They do have snack time in the afternoon, but he is still hungry by the time we get home from school.
A few days ago, as I was walking him to school, he tells me to stop by the school entrance. He said "Mom, I'm a big boy now and you don't need to walk me to the steps anymore". I am happy and relieved he is no longer nervous. So now, he stops me at the gate, I give him a hug and kiss, and I watch him walk up the steps by himself. Before he walks through the door, he turns and gives me a wave. I am so proud.
He enjoys the time after school, when he can run freely and play with his friends. I bring his scooter to school and he rides around the playground. He's finally got the hang of his scooter. He can scoot around with the best of them. We usually stay at the school for 30-45 minutes, then we walk home, and spend another 15 minutes outside our building. Joey rides his scooter up and down the sidewalk and I am usually sitting, watching him. I realized this week, I need to start bringing a book with me.
This week was okay for me. I walked 4 out of 5 days. I am walking longer and I am adding strength training to my exercise routine. I should have been doing it this whole time. Oh well. The highlight of my week was book club. I enjoy our meetings. The ladies in our book club are the funniest, smartest, and sweetest people I know. Each meeting is full of laughs and we just have a great time. I look forward to meeting every month. This month we read, 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein. I could not stop reading and finished the book in one day. It's good. Check it out sometime.
Every Thursday, we head to the library. You may have heard me say this but, I love our public library. The people who work there know us and are always helpful. The arts and crafts class for kids is something we look forward to. This week, we met up with our Pre-K friends, The Mir family. Joey and Arzam became best friends in Pre-K. That's how his mom, Maria and I became friends. They go to different schools now, so when they see each other, they can get a little hyper and loud (Didn't think I wouldn't notice those looks, Mr. Librarian Guy.) Next time, we may have to move to a playground, so the boys can get all their energy out.
There you have it. Our weekly update. It doesn't seem like much, but our week tires us out. By the time the weekend gets here, we just want to relax, which is what we plan to do. Joey and I will be watching General Conference, and I plan to make some Halloween cards. Let's see how that turns out.
![]() |
| I snapped this as soon as he walked through the door. Another long day. |
![]() | |
| One of Joey's lunch box notes. |
![]() |
| He comes home sweaty and grubby every day. |
![]() | ||||||||||
| Scooting along |
![]() |
| One foggy morning at Marine Park. |
![]() | |||||||||
| A picture of Joey and Arzam from last year. |
He is getting the hang of it.






No comments:
Post a Comment