It has been a while since my last post. This past month has been filled with all sorts of ailments. One of us would get sick, and then it would be passed along to another person. We are finally over this hump and in relatively good health.
The highlight of this month was Joey's birthday. Although he got sick on his birthday, we were able to celebrate the Sunday before his actual birthday. We had a birthday dinner with his grandparents and aunt. He opened presents and blew out his candles on that day. On his actual birthday, we brought cupcakes to his school and his class sang Happy Birthday to him. We ended up taking him home early that day. His teacher said he was sneezing and kept rubbing his head. One look at him, and I could tell he was getting sick. He spent the next few days in bed.
Our little boy is growing so fast. We still think of him as our baby, but we realize he is now a little boy. Six years old seemed so far away. Yet, here it is. It's hard to imagine in two short years, he will baptized. He talks so much and he surprises me every day. He is smart, sweet, kind, and thoughtful. He has a mind of his own and is very stubborn, which can be frustrating sometimes, but his hugs and kisses, and I love you's always melt my heart and I forget why I was upset. I love him so much. He changed our lives and I can not imagine my life without him. I am so thankful that he is my son and I am his mom.

I love this post--both what you said and the photo! Joey is so fun! My kids love him!--Mel
ReplyDelete