Friday, September 6, 2013

New Mexico trip

Our Washington trip lasted a week. We took one day to rest and recover. We slept in and spent a leisurely day in town. My mother-in-law and Tony were flying back in under a week. Tony still wanted to show his mom the local sights. We made a short list of the places we would visit. Among them were: Four Corners Monument, Mesa Verde National Park, and Durango, CO. We managed to check them off our list over the next few days. Soon, it was time to drive them back to Albuquerque for their early morning flight.  My mother-in-law enjoyed her vacation. Once home, she told Tony, "It feels like a dream and I am back to reality". Don't we all feel that way after vacation? I am glad to she had a great time. Next year, we hope my father-in-law will join us. Another adventure awaits.









With Tony back in Brooklyn, and the sightseeing over, we had no itinerary. Our schedule was completely open. I managed to have lunch with a few close friends. We are all very busy, but I am thankful we were able to see each other and catch up. I just wish I had more time to spend with them. The rest of the time was spent with my family. Joey went to feed the cows and horses with my dad. He played with all his cousins. I spent time with my mom and sister. My two younger brothers came back for a visit (They live and work in North Dakota). Joey spent time with both his uncles. We had family dinners, birthday parties, and even a volleyball party. The two weeks flew by and next thing you know, Joey and I were making the long drive to Albuquerque for our flight back to Brooklyn. We were gone for almost the whole month of July.

I took very few pictures the last two weeks of my visit. Looking back, I really wish I did. They were filled with so much fun and joy. Everyone was happy and enjoying the time we spent together. It was like the calm before the storm.

Two days after we got back to Brooklyn, we got the devastating news that my cousin's son Kee, had passed away. We just celebrated his 2nd birthday the week before. It was a blow that my family was not prepared for. He was my cousin's little boy, but he was our little Kee. I didn't see him every day, but it still hurts knowing, I won't see him the next time I visit New Mexico. I wish I squeezed him just a little bit longer the last time I saw him. Our family is still struggling with our loss, but I hope and pray that each day becomes easier for them. We find our comfort knowing he is with our Heavenly Father. He will always be in our hearts and I will always remember what a happy baby he was.


Our Kee

Another New Mexico trip is in the books. Every year, my visit gets longer and longer. Soon, Joey and I may just spend a summer there. Until then, I look forward to our next visit and to spend time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment