Monday, December 31, 2012

Cheii (grandpa)

We laid to rest my Grandpa today. I was unable to attend the funeral, but I thought of him and my family all day. He left this world on December 26th, two days after I last saw him. I have the precious memory of those few hours, we spent talking, just him and I. I left him, thinking I would see him again this summer. He was a fighter to the end. 


Grandpa was the one who baptized me in November 2008. He was so strong. He later told me in the hospital, that he was very nervous and didn't want to mess up. I told him, it worked out great. One summer, we wrote letters to each other. In one of my letters, I asked him what his favorite scripture was in the Book of Mormon. He told me it was 1 Nephi 8:10-12. The story of The Tree of Life. At the end of the letter, he gave me a quote. I am not sure where he found it or who wrote it, but I thought it was a nice way to end his letter.

Home Should be a haven of love, honor, courtesy, and respect.
Symbolize love and characterize the righteous family.
Where love is, there are no disputes.
Where love is, there is no contention.
Where love is, God will be there also.

-unknown

I have many memories of my Cheii. He was nice, caring, and very easy going. He brightened many people's lives. I don't remember a time, that I saw him angry. He took good care of his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. We all have wonderful memories that we will cherish. I am so thankful Heavenly Father chose him to be our grandpa and I know I will see him again.  I am thankful for the Plan of Salvation. It has given my family and I great comfort. I know he is nearby and watching over us, until we meet again. 


 
My grandpa and I


My Baptism- Nov. 2008


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that your grandfather passed away. what beautiful memories you have of him! I'm sure he is very proud of you!--M

    ReplyDelete